WOMEN’S INTRODUCTION TO PRECISION SHOOTING
Specially tailored for women, this introductory 1-day class will help you get acquainted with long-range precision rifle, teach you the fundamentals to making consistent hits at distance, and help you discover what equipment is right for you. Ladies are, of course, most welcome at our standard Intro to Long-range Precision course, but many women prefer a course specially designed for their needs, and enjoy sharing the experience with other women.
When shooting at distances over 500 yards, seemingly small factors such as humidity, temperature, and even your own your heartbeat become markedly more significant. This creates an exciting challenge for the discipline of precision shooting, but at the outset this can also make it a daunting sport to learn. Before you jump in, this course will walk you through the basics of how to successfully shoot at long distances. With training techniques specially tailored for women, our team of experienced instructors will thoroughly and thoughtfully explain the basics of ballistics, rifle mechanics, and shooting technique. In just one day, you’ll learn enough to make solid hits past 500 yards and be ready to take the next steps in long-range marksmanship.
- This is a 1-day course held from 0800 to 1700 hours.
- A basic understanding of firearms safety and a willingness to learn.
What you’ll learn
- Rifle nomenclature
- Rifle set-up
- Basics of external ballistics
- Long-range shooting equipment
- Reticle basics
- Basic shooting positions
- Proper techniques
- Weapon maintenance
What you need to bring
- Rifle: High power bolt action rifle (6mm – 30 cal) or accurized semi-auto, sling and bipod. 5.56 SPR-style rifle is acceptable. Rental guns are available for an additional charge.
- Quality tactical scope with mildot or range estimation reticle (e.g. Nightforce ATCAR or NXS, Athlon, Vortex, Leupold Mk4, Nikon Tactical, Swarovski, Zeiss, SWFA, etc.). Bring your owner’s manual.
- Must have externally adjustable turrets. (Click here to learn more about externally adjusted scope turrets on our blog article.)
- Bring your owner’s manual.
- Minimum 75 rounds of match-grade ammunition. (77 gr strongly recommended for 5.56 SPRs)
- Cleaning kit
- Rugged, comfortable clothing, suitable for all weather conditions. We will shoot in any and all weather.
- Small “go bag” or ruck sack that will be with you at all times. Your bag should have binoculars, water, snacks, elbow pads, knee pads, and ammo for the task.
- A shooting or exercise mat; anything that can be rolled up and moved with you.
- Ear & eye protection, sunscreen, and a brimmed hat (like a
- Lunch, snack food, and water.
- A small calculator.
- Note-taking material, including notepad, pencil, and Sharpie.
- Optional items: iPad or smartphone, belt magazine carriers; rifle cover (shemagh or towel); range finder; Camelback.
The Introduction to Precision Shooting class is moderately physically demanding. The most physically challenging aspects of the experience tend to come from the weather, so please be prepared for Colorado’s rapidly changing conditions.
Women’s Introduction to Precision Shooting Schedule
Course dates are established in response to demand and can be customized to meet the needs of a particular group. If you are interested in taking this course, please give us a call so we can work with you to find a schedule that fits your needs.