LAW ENFORCEMENT DESIGNATED DEFENSIVE MARKSMAN COURSE
Our Law Enforcement DDM course is designed for departments that want to introduce new talent into their SWAT and ERT units, as well as those that need to keep their experienced DDMs tuned and ready for action. We aim to keep all DDMs up-to-date on best-practices, public perceptions, improved equipment, and necessary adjustments to established tactics.
Our Law Enforcement DDM course is designed for any level of shooting experience. We understand the need for departments to introduce new talent into their SWAT and ERT units as well as keeping the experienced DDM’s skills sharp and to keep all DDM’s up to date on ever-changing public perceptions, adjustments to established tactics and new equipment. Having a SWAT or ERT team encompasses high expectations, high liability and immense individual responsibility for the department and DDM’s.
In this course, we will cover all the basic scenarios that a DDM might encounter. We will discuss case law concerning the use of lethal force and present the most up to date stats available concerning DDM engagements.
- This course held over a consecutive 3-day period from 0800 to 1700 hours each day and can be adjusted for more days/hours if your department requires more training hours. We have weekday availability, as well as weekends, to meet the needs of your team. Give us a call. We can be somewhat flexible with this course to match work and training schedules.
- If you are coming in from out of the area, see our FAQs page for more information on travel and lodging arrangements.
- Review of safety procedures
- Review of weapon systems and gear
- Rifle fitting, sight adjustments
- Establishing zero
- Range estimation
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Observation exercises
- KIMS games
- Introduction to MOA/MILs
- Intro to ballistics
- Concealment vs cover
- Movement exercises
- Command fire exercises
- Wind calling and weather/environmental factors
- Intro to moving targets
- Positional shooting and unconventional positions
- Qual course
- Policy recommendations
Law Enforcement DDM Course Schedule
Course dates are established in response to demand and are often customized to meet the needs of particular departments and agencies. If you are interested in taking this course, please give us a call so we can work with you to find a schedule that fits your needs.